We are seeking some enthusiastic and knowledgeable Information Technology Sales Executives to promote and sell our IT solutions and contribute to the growth of our company. In this role, duties will include familiarizing with the technical specifications of our products, assessing clients’ IT needs, and demonstrating our IT solutions to potential clients.
To ensure success as an Information Technology Sales Executive, you should exhibit extensive sales experience in an IT solutions environment, as well as in-depth knowledge of IT industry trends. Information Technology Sales Executives ensure that their IT sales expertise translates to increased sales revenue. Duties will include sales presentations and product demonstrations, as well as negotiating contracts with potential clients.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics, and also superb interpersonal skills. Previous experience in a sales role is an advantage.
- Generating leads.
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Familiarizing yourself with all products and services offered by our company.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports.
- Crafting business proposals and contracts to draw in more revenue from clients.
- Preparing and delivering sales pitches and product demonstrations to a range of prospective clients.
- Negotiating with clients to secure the most attractive prices.
- Keeping informed on technical product specifications and functionalities.
- Developing a sales strategy and setting sales targets.
- Consulting with our software developers and management on product offerings.
- Identifying marketing opportunities and developing sales leads.
- Assessing clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote products and services.
- Attending networking activities to research and connect with prospective clients.
- Maintaining meaningful relationships with existing clients to ensure that they are retained.
- Initiating after-sales technical support based on client requirements and feedback.
- Suggesting upgrades or added products and services that may be of interest to clients.
- Tracking sales targets and documenting sales performance metrics.
- Ensuring competitiveness by analyzing and researching industry trends.
- Preparing and submitting sales contracts for orders.
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Marketing, or a similar qualification.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology would be advantageous.
- 2-5 years’ experience in an IT sales environment.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing and sales strategies.
- Ability to explain and demonstrate IT product specifications and functionalities.
- Advanced proficiency in IT industry terminology and jargon.
- Ability to liaise with management and software developers about sales strategies.
- Exceptional ability in negotiating sales deals, contracts, and service agreements.
- Ability to evaluate client feedback and provide after-sales service.
- In-depth knowledge of consumer behavior, as well as industry trends and innovation.
- Understanding of the sales process and dynamics.
- A commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great networking skills & superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both clients and vendors.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks and competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Able to work comfortably in a fast paced environment.
- Neat, well-groomed appearance.
- Resourceful, with outstanding research skills.
- Must be driven and emboldened by challenges.